Application Deadline has been extended to Wednesday, February 3rd at 5pm CST
Dallas TRHT is a community-based organization focused on planning for and bringing about transformational and sustainable change, and addressing the historic and contemporary effects of racism. Dallas TRHT’s mission is to create a radically inclusive city by addressing race and racism through narrative change, relationship building and equitable policies and practices with a vision of a Dallas where no North and South divisions exist in terms of race, wealth, arts, culture, health, safety, education and opportunity, and communities actively, honestly and openly acknowledge, repair and heal from its past and present racial inequities.
A hierarchy of human value is embedded in the policies and practices of businesses who have not engaged in racial equity work. This lack of awareness in businesses can contribute to the overwhelming racial disparities marginalized communities face daily. To move towards racial equity, businesses must address the unacknowledged historical oppression/inequities, and develop a common understanding in relation to current conditions, and work towards developing equitable strategies, processes and practices.
According to the W.K. Kellogg Foundation’s The Business Case For Racial Equity report, “…greater racial equity supports businesses by creating a healthier, better educated, more diverse workforce, and by increasing the ability of minority populations to purchase goods and services.” PolicyLink states that “…achieving equity requires erasing racial disparities in opportunities and outcomes. Equity is not only a matter of social justice or morality: It is an economic necessity. By building the capabilities of those who are the furthest behind, America not only begins to solve its most serious challenges, but also creates the conditions that allow all to flourish.”
To support and educate the business community through racial equity training and policy implementation, Dallas TRHT will be hosting the Racial Equity NOW Business Cohort for 2021. The Cohort is designed to provide businesses with knowledge about racial equity and racial healing, case study presentations, policy review and development, and outcomes development.
The Cohort offers four key outcomes for participating organizations. Participants will:
- Increase their knowledge of race, racism, racial healing, racial equity and racial justice and provide leadership development on implementation of racial equity policies and practices within their organization and for their communities.
- Draft racial equity policy, a racial equity theory of change, and an organizational strategic plan with a racial equity lens.
- Develop corporate support and grant making policies and procedures with racial equity lens.
- Implement racial equity grant making to support racial equity strategy planning and programming for local nonprofit organizations.
The Cohort will provide learning opportunities for personnel at all levels of the organization with a requirement that participants include an HR Executive, DEI Executive (if different from the HR Director) or Executive leadership supporting or interested in leading DEI, and an employee of color with an interest and/or leadership role supporting diversity, equity and inclusion for the organization.
A cohort group of up to 12 corporations will be selected through a competitive application process, and will be asked to make a 9-month commitment to this program. Participants will attend a series of workshops, as well as be provided with one-on-one racial equity coaching that supports developing and implementing racial equity policy. All training and coaching are covered by Dallas TRHT.
The initial session will be held March 16, 2021, with additional sessions held the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Sessions will be 6 hours in length, and will require attendance by all members identified in the application process.
Participants will be provided with up to 60 hours of time during the program to work with their racial equity coach. The hours can be broken up and used according to each agency’s preference and coach availability beginning in May 2021 and ending December 2021.
All workshops will be held virtually, initially, with new meeting location opportunities explored during Q2 of the cohort. One-on-one coaching can be conducted in-person, by phone or by email. In-person coaching should be considerate of social distancing requirements.
To be eligible to participate in the REI NOW Cohort, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Operating in Dallas/Ft. Worth geographic area
- In good standing with the Better Business Bureau
- Have at least 10 employees
- Have a business-wide expressed interest and commitment to racial equity, racial healing and/or racial justice
An ideal application will:
- Make the case for your business’ need and readiness to engage in capacity building and leadership development to address racial equity;
- Describes your business’ ability to be an influential institution that will benefit from the training and bring about transformative change in key areas of society;
- Focus on building organizational effectiveness to conduct internal and external racial equity policy and systems change;
- Describe the anticipated difference the cohort will make on the business policies and practices;
- Offer insight on the business’ knowledge gaps about racial equity and the impact it has on the business and the community it serves.
- Complete the application having answered the questions completely and with transparency on the business’ readiness to address racial equity.
REI NOW COHORT APPLICATION PROCESS
Completed applications must be submitted on or before January 29 at 5:00 p.m. at dallastrht.org/BusinessRENow. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Applicants will be notified by email if more information is needed. Please contact Errika Moultrie at email@example.com if you have any questions about guidelines or application requirements.
All applicants will be required to attend a panel interview. Panel participants should include the two of the three potential applicant attendees. Panel interview notifications February 3, 2021. Panel interviews will be held during the weeks of February 8th and 15th. Panel interviews will be 30 minutes in length and held with the TRHT application review team.
Final decisions on cohort selection will be emailed by March 1, 2021.
- Complete the online application
- A letter signed by the HR Director articulating organizational commitment to racial equity and RE Now for Business participation
- Attachments should be uploaded with the application as a PDF.
- Submit your application at dallastrht.org/BusinessRENow
- All submissions will be acknowledged within 24 hours.
A $25,000 fee is required for all accepted applicants. Fees will be required to be paid by March 9, 2021. The registration fee serves as support for organizational participation as well as scholarship support for the 2021 RE Now Cohorts for Nonprofits.