Black Women in Non-Profit Leadership - 2022 Application
Black Women in Nonprofit Leadership (BWNPL) is a cohort offered by Dallas TRHT to provide an intentional racial healing space for Black women in the nonprofit sector. BWNPL is designed to support Black women with self-care, community-care, healing, personal and professional development and crafted to the specific needs of Black women leaders.
The 10-month cohort is for Black non-profit leaders who identify as women. BWNPL is not a substitute for in-organization support and mentorship. It provides training, education and support on issues related to mental health and Black women, navigating the nonprofit sector as a woman, imposter syndrome, racial healing, time management, avoiding cultural bias, and more.
"I feel like each session empowers me to take new leaps of faith that I never would’ve imagined myself doing." - 2021 Cohort Member
The cohort will provide:
- Network Development: Participants will increase their knowledge about the importance of developing networks and begun implementing a professional network plan
- Leadership Development: Participants receive executive coaching
- Professional Development: Participants will create a professional development plan and implement self-identified professional goals
- Personal Development: Participants will have create a personal development plan and implement self-identified personal goals
- Racial Healing: Participants will be offered racial healing sessions as a Black woman in the sector that has experienced a level of trauma from racism, barriers, limitations and expectations.
"Jarie [session presenter] did an amazing job of balancing her message with how to advocate and be empowered for ourselves, as well as guidance on how to lead others in ways that support and respect our boundaries."
February 17, 2022
March 17, 2022
April 21, 2022
May 19, 2022
June 16, 2022 (Community Service Date)
July 2022 (Summer Break)
August 18, 2022
September 15, 2022
October 20, 2022
November 17, 2022
The cohort concludes with a participant retreat.
October 22, 2021 Application Announcement
November 19, 2021 Application Deadline
November 29, 2021 Interview Notifications
November 29, 2021 Panel Interviews (week of)
December 6, 2021 Panel Interviews (week of)
December 17, 2021 Cohort Announcement
February 17, 2022 Cohort Kick-Off
- Working in the Dallas nonprofit sector
- Working in one of the following positions:
- C-Level Executives leading organizations who desire to grow their influence and impact (CEO, CDO, CFO, CPO, COO)
- Director level professionals who desire to grow their professional expertise and impact for leading small to mid-size organizations or departments
- Mid-management leaders that desire to advance to the executive level and seek to learn what it means to make the right connects and how to benefit from them.
- Committed to personal healing and growth, as well as supporting all Black women leaders through mentorship, coaching, advocacy and championing.
- Secured leadership support in participating in the full 10-months of the cohort
Participant Commitment: The initial session will be held February 2022 with additional sessions held monthly through November 2022. Attendance is required for each session.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on November 19, 2021.
Application Assets: All completed applications must include the following:
- Cohort Participant Application
- One page bio and resume
- Official letter of commitment (on letterhead) from direct supervisor (or Board Chair for CEO’s) for participation in the full cohort, which includes sessions, coaching, pre and post session work and the final retreat.
- Employer 501C3 tax exemption designation from the Internal Revenue Service
Selection Process and Timing: Each application will be thoroughly reviewed by the BWNPL Selection Committee. Application submission does not guarantee admission into the Cohort. Interviews for applicants that pass the application process will be scheduled during the weeks of November 29th and December 6th. All applicants will be notified of their application status the week of November 29th.
Tuition/Registration: There is no fee for participants. All expenses are covered by the Cohort.