Racial Equity NOW: Fort Worth
We have been invited by the Rainwater Charitable Foundation to bring our work to Fort Worth. Our mission at DTRHT is to create a radically inclusive city by addressing race and racism through narrative change, relationship building, and equitable policies and practices.
As the first step in our work, we will be hosting Community Visioning Sessions in the area in conjunction with ongoing historical research. In these sessions, the community comes together to express their needs, concerns, and vision for Fort Worth and Tarrant County.
Through Community Visioning sessions we will explore the historical attitudes, policies, and practices of The City of Fort Worth and its residents towards race, and explore the start of a shared community vision of Fort Worth without racism. Our goals for these community visioning sessions are to begin to learn about the racial history of Fort Worth and the shared history of Fort Worth. We also look to engage area residents to explore how they envision what the city would look and feel without racism, and explore ways to end racism in the county.
The Community Visioning Sessions will be free and open to the public beginning July 19-August 25th. Register for one of the sessions by clicking the event links below:
- September 29 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- October 5 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- October 26 @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Join the 2021 Cohort
To support and educate the community on the necessity of racial equity training, understanding and policy implementation, TRHT will be hosting the Racial Equity NOW Cohort in Fort Worth for 2021-2022. The Cohort is designed to provide organizations with training/information sharing, case study presentations, policy review and development, outcomes development and site visit.
The Cohort offers three key outcomes for participating organizations. Participants will:
- Increase their knowledge of race, racism, racial healing, racial equity and racial justice and provide leadership development on implementation of racial equity policies and practices within their organization and for their communities.
- Draft racial equity policy, a racial equity theory of change, and an organizational strategic plan with a racial equity lens
- Receive racial equity grant funding to implement their racial equity strategy plans
The Cohort will provide learning opportunities for personnel at all levels of the organization with a requirement that participants include a Board member (for at least ½ of the sessions), senior level decision-making staff member and direct service staff member. All training and coaching expenses are covered by TRHT.
A cohort group of nonprofits will be selected through a competitive grant process, and will be asked to make a 9-month commitment to this program. Participants will attend a series of workshops, as well as be provided with one-on-one racial equity coaching on developing and implementing racial equity policy.
The sessions will be held on:
- September 22, 2021
- October 27, 2021
- November 17, 2021
- January 19, 2022
- February 23, 2022
- March 23, 2022
- April 27, 2022
- May 25, 2022
- June 22, 2022
Sessions will be 6 hours in length, and will require attendance by a Board member (for at least ½ of the sessions, depending on the topic of a given workshop), senior level decision-making staff member and direct service staff member. Accepted participants will be provided with advance notification of session dates & times, location and type of attendee required.
Participants will be provided with up to 60 hours of time during the year long program to work with their racial equity coach. The hours can be broken up and used according to each agency’s preference beginning in October 2021 and ending July 2022.
All workshops will be held virtually, initially, with location considerations being explored Q2 of the cohort. One-on-one coaching can be conducted in-person, by phone or by email. In-person coaching should be considerate of social distancing requirements.
To be eligible to participate in the RE NOW Cohort, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt designation from the Internal Revenue Service.
- At least 51% of the total population served by the agency must be residents of Tarrant County.
The most competitive application will:
- Make the case for your organization’s need and readiness to engage in capacity building and leadership development to address racial equity;
- Describes your organization's ability to be an influential organization that will benefit from the training and bring about transformative change in key areas of society;
- Focus on building organizational effectiveness to conduct internal and external racial equity policy and systems change;
- Describe the anticipated difference the cohort will make on the organizations;
- Offer insight on the organization’s knowledge gaps about racial equity and the impact it has on the organization and the community it serves.
- Complete the application having answered the questions completely and with transparency on the organization’s readiness to address racial equity.
RE NOW COHORT APPLICATION PROCESS
Completed applications must be submitted on or before August 25, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. to racialequitynowtx.org. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Applicants will be notified by e-mail if more information is needed. Please contact Marta Torres at email@example.com if you have any questions about guidelines or application requirements. All applicants will be required to attend a panel interview as the final step in the application process. Panel participants should include the CEO, Board member, and one additional staff member. Panel dates and times will be provided September 1, 2021. Panel interviews will be held during the weeks of September 7, 2021. Panel interviews will be 30 minutes in length and held with the TRHT application review team.
Final decisions on cohort selection will be emailed by September 13, 2021.
- Complete the online application
- A letter signed by the Chair of the Board and Executive Director articulating organizational commitment to racial equity and RE Now for Nonprofits participation
- Attachments should be uploaded with the application as a PDF.
Submit your application below. Click here to download the application as a DOC file.