Black Women in Non-Profit Leadership - 2023 Application
(The 2023 Application Is Now Closed)
Black Women in Nonprofit Leadership (BWNPL) is a cohort offered by Dallas TRHT to provide an intentional racial healing space for Black women in the nonprofit sector. BWNPL is designed to support Black women with self-care, community-care, healing, personal and professional development and crafted to the specific needs of Black women leaders.
The 10-month cohort is for Black non-profit leaders who identify as women. BWNPL is not a substitute for in-organization support and mentorship. It provides training, education and support on issues related to mental health and Black women, navigating the nonprofit sector as a woman, imposter syndrome, racial healing, time management, avoiding cultural bias, and more.
When I first heard about the BWNPL cohort, I was excited about the opportunity to further my development as a leader professionally, in the presence of Black women. What I received was so much more. The cohort is a master class in self-discovery.
- 2022 Cohort Member
The cohort will provide:
- Network Development: Participants will increase their knowledge about the importance of developing networks and begun implementing a professional network plan
- Leadership Development: Participants receive executive coaching
- Professional Development: Participants will create a professional development plan and implement self-identified professional goals
- Personal Development: Participants will have create a personal development plan and implement self-identified personal goals
- Racial Healing: Participants will be offered racial healing sessions as a Black woman in the sector that has experienced a level of trauma from racism, barriers, limitations and expectations.
"The BWNPL cohort was an opportunity I knew I needed, but that I entered with little expectation. Honestly, I never could have imagined this cohort in my wildest dreams. The BWNPL cohort was and is way more than a one year professional development program. Errika is a true visionary, who created a safe space to cultivate community." - 2022 Cohort Member
February 16, 2023
March 23, 2023
April 20, 2023
May 18, 2023
June 15, 2023
July 20, 2023
August 17, 2023
September 21, 2023
October 19, 2023
November 16, 2023
November 4th, 2022 Application Announcement
December 1st, 2022 Application Deadline
January 6th, 2023 Interview Notifications
January 9th, 2023 Panel Interviews (week of)
January 20th, 2023 Cohort Announcement
February 16th, 2023 Cohort Kick-Off
- Working in the Dallas nonprofit sector
- Working in one of the following positions:
- C-Level Executives leading organizations who desire to grow their influence and impact (CEO, CDO, CFO, CPO, COO)
- Director level professionals who desire to grow their professional expertise and impact for leading small to mid-size organizations or departments
- Mid-management leaders that desire to advance to the executive level and seek to learn what it means to make the right connects and how to benefit from them.
- Committed to personal healing and growth, as well as supporting all Black women leaders through mentorship, coaching, advocacy and championing.
- Secured leadership support in participating in the full 10-months of the cohort
Participant Commitment: The initial session will be held in February 2023 with additional sessions held monthly through November 2023. Attendance is required for each session.
Application Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 5:00 p.m. on December 1st, 2022.
Application Assets: All completed applications must include the following:
- Cohort Participant Application
- One-page bio and resume
- Official letter of commitment (on letterhead) from direct supervisor (or Board Chair for CEO’s) for participation in the full cohort, which includes sessions, coaching, pre and post session work and the final retreat.
- Employer 501C3 tax exemption designation from the Internal Revenue Service
Selection Process and Timing: Each application will be thoroughly reviewed by the BWNPL Selection Committee. Application submission does not guarantee admission into the Cohort. Interviews for applicants that pass the application process will be scheduled during the week of January 9th. All applicants will be notified of their application status the week of January 6th.
Tuition/Registration: There is no fee for participants. All expenses are covered by the Cohort.
Point of Contact: Questions may be directed to email@example.com.