Racial Equity NOW
Join the 2022 Dallas Cohort
The Racial Equity NOW Cohort offers three key outcomes for participating organizations. Participants will:
- Increase their knowledge of race, racism, racial healing, racial equity and racial justice, and improve their leadership capacity on racial equity policies and practices within their organization and for their communities;
- Draft a racial equity organizational assessment, a racial equity theory of change, and a racial equity policy statement;
- Create a racial equity project/program and receive up to $10,000 in grant funding to implement their organizational racial equity strategy plans.
Racial Equity NOW will provide learning opportunities for personnel at all levels of the organization with a requirement that participants include a Board member, Executive Director/President/CEO, and a direct service-level staff member.
A cohort group of 14-16 nonprofits will be selected through an equitable application and interview process, and will be asked to make a 10-month commitment to this program. Participants will attend a series of workshops, as well as be provided with one-on-one racial equity coaching. All training and coaching expenses will be provided by Dallas TRHT.
The sessions will be held on:
Feb 16, 2022
March 16, 2022
April 20, 2022
May 18, 2022
June 22, 2022
July 20, 2022
August 17, 2022
Sept 21, 2022
Oct 19, 2022
Nov 16, 2022
Participants will be provided with up to 60 hours of time during the year-long program to work with their racial equity coach. The hours can be used according to each agency’s preference through December 2022.
All workshops (with some exceptions) will be held at Dallas TRHT headquarters at 1349 Empire Central #400, Dallas, TX 75247. One-on-one coaching can be conducted in-person, by phone or by email. In-person coaching should be considerate of up-to-date CDC guidelines and social distancing requirements. Accepted participants will be provided with advance notification of session dates & times, location and type of attendee required.
To be eligible to participate in the Racial Equity NOW Cohort, organizational applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt designation from the Internal Revenue Service.
- At least 51% of the total population served by the agency must be residents of Dallas County.
Dallas TRHT is looking for applications that will:
- Make the case for your organization’s need and readiness to engage in capacity building and leadership development to address racial equity;
- Describes your organization's ability to be an organization that will benefit from the training and bring about transformative change in our local and regional community;
- Focus on building organizational effectiveness to conduct internal and external racial equity policy and systems change;
- Describe the anticipated difference the cohort will make on your organization;
- Offer insight on the organization’s knowledge gaps about racial equity and the impact it has on the organization and the community it serves;
- Complete the application having answered the questions fully and with transparency on the organization’s readiness to address racial equity.
RE NOW COHORT APPLICATION PROCESS
Completed applications must be submitted on or before January 4, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. to racialequitynowtx.org. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Applicants will be notified by e-mail if more information is needed. Please contact Marta Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about guidelines or application requirements. All applicants will be required to attend a panel interview as the final step in the application process. Panel participants should include the ED/CEO, Board member, and one additional staff member. Panel dates and times will be provided January 6, 2022. Panel interviews will be held during the week of January 10th. Panel interviews will be 30 minutes in length and held with the TRHT application review team.
Final decisions on cohort selection will be emailed by January 18th, 2022.
- Complete the online application
- Submit a letter signed by the Chair of the Board and Executive Director/CEO articulating organizational commitment to racial equity and RE Now for Nonprofits participation
- Attachments should be uploaded with the application as a PDF
- Begin your application below: